Research papers are a common assignment in university classes. As technology becomes more advanced and creeps its way into nearly every aspect of life, it’s only natural that professors would want students to write papers on it.
25 Trending Technology Research Paper Topics
Writing about technology isn’t just for computer science majors or engineers anymore. Medical students, historians, and even business students could find themselves needing to write on the topic. Below are 25 trending technology research paper topics surrounding the newest technological updates of 2019. The following list of topics is willingly provided by a legit research paper writing service and can be used for a variety of classes, from business to nursing to computer science.
- Advancements in Cybersecurity in 2019. Every device that can connect to the Internet can be hacked. What are cybersecurity companies doing to keep up with hackers in 2019?
- Artificial Intelligence and Hospitals. Hospitals need to store a vast amount of information. Could using artificial intelligence help hospitals do this more efficiently? Could it lead to more mistakes?
- Augmented Reality and Shopping Online. In 2019, Amazon launched an app that allows people to see how furniture would look in their home before they bought it. This app uses augmented reality. Could this new technology shape the future of shopping online?
- CGI Advancements in Movies and Videogames. Both in movies and videogames, CGI is becoming more realistic. This can easily be seen in movies like Avengers: End Game, which uses CGI to both age and reverse-age Marvel’s actors. Does advanced CGI make digital content better, or does it take away from them?
- Changes in IT Support in 2019. As technology advances, IT professionals need to brush up their skills. Compared to previous years, what will IT support members need to learn/do to keep the companies they work for running smoothly?
- Digital Voting Machines: Paving the Way for the Future or Encouraging Voter Fraud? Using voting machines makes the voting process faster. However, it can sometimes lead to skewed results. Common mistakes involve voter’s choices switching from one party to the other. Is it worth using these machines, knowing the risk?
- How Much Internet Time Should Children Have? Children seem to be spending more time on the Internet each year. While this can help with homework, it can also lead to increased risk of cyberbullying and internet addiction. What is the ideal screen-time for children who use the Internet?
- How New Technology Affects the Pharmaceutical Industry. New technology allows for more medicine to be made at a faster pace. However, medicine (at least in the USA) keeps raising in price. How else does new technology affect the pharmaceutical industry?
- How Reliable are Medical Apps? How reliable are medical apps? Which apps are reliable, and which aren’t? Not all medical apps are regulated. How can consumers tell the difference?
- How the Internet Makes Outsourcing Easier. Companies often outsource work to other countries, simply because it’s cheaper to hire someone, say from India, rather than from the United States. Write about how the Internet makes outsourcing easier.
- Is Bitcoin Reliable and Safe? The worth of bitcoin fluctuates, much like stocks. It is mostly used on the Internet. Since the price can change, is bitcoin reliable? Argue the pros and cons.
- Managing Healthcare in the “Cloud”. From term papers to medical documents, just about anything can be saved in the Cloud. Does this make personal medical information easier to access or does it just make it more likely to be stolen? Discuss.
- Self-Driving Cars and Safety. While cars are not totally self-driving yet, they are certainly on their way to becoming so. Is driving yourself or being in a self-driving car safer? Here are some statistics to start you off.
- Smart Homes and Video Surveillance. New technologies, like video doorbells, home security systems, and even “smart” thermostats are becoming more popular. Discuss the present and future of home technologies.
- Social Media and Data Privacy. Websites usually list their data privacy policies in the terms and conditions. Does anyone really read that? What are companies getting away with? Or, like Facebook, how is their data usage getting them into legal trouble?
- The Basics of Blockchain Technology in 2019. What exactly is blockchain? How is it used to keep records of cryptocurrency transactions? Is it reliable? Explain it as though the paper is for someone who has never heard of blockchain before.
- The Ethics of Gene Editing. Gene editing can help to diagnose diseases easier, create GMO foods, and even change DNA and RNA. Is this ethical? Why or why not?
- The Future of Artificial Intelligence. Artificial intelligence is everywhere, from games to cars, and even in medicine. Write about artificial intelligence in 2019 and its possible future advancements.
- The Future of Video Streaming Services. Video streaming services like Netflix and Hulu, are becoming more popular. At the same time, Cable TV is dying. Will the trend continue? Why is this happening? Discuss.
- The Rise of Cryptocurrency. The cryptocurrency was first introduced to the Internet in 2009. At the time, it was worth $1000. Now, ten years later, it is worth thousands more. Write about the changes in cryptocurrency in the ten years it has been available.
- Transitioning from 4G to 5G: What Does it Mean? In 2019, 5G networks for cell phones were introduced. Write about the changes from 4G to 5G and what it means for consumers.
- Video Game Addiction in Children. Even children can become addicted to video games. What are the signs and/or symptoms? It is a mental disorder or just bad parenting? Discuss.
- Virtual Reality and Gaming. Virtual reality games are becoming more popular each year. Write about some popular games and how virtual reality is implemented in them. What might the future of VR gaming look like?
- VPNs: Safe or Sketchy? VPNs (Virtual Private Networks) help to encode users Internet activity so it cannot be tracked. Is this totally safe? Do some VPN companies just keep user’s information for themselves? Investigate and write about it.
- Why Aren’t Teenagers Using Facebook? Teenagers aren’t using Facebook as often as they used to. Does this have to do with Facebook’s current user base, or are they just more attracted to other social media websites? Write about possible causes.
Technology is always advancing, which can make it tricky to know what technology research paper topics to write about. Above are 25 great trending technology topics to write about in 2019. Feel free to use any of these topics for a research paper. Don’t forget to use the links provided to get started on finding sources, as well!