The wait is finally over! Samsung has now unveiled its new Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ smartphones and living up to their reputation; they’re just as good as we all expected them to be. So, what is it that makes them outshine their rivals, particularly Apple’s iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus? Well, there’s at least ten reasons that we can think of that makes the Galaxy S8 more innovative than its rivals:
1. Iris Scanner: While Apple may have been the first to introduce fingerprint scanning with the iPhone, Samsung brought to us the iris scanner with the Galaxy Note 7. This can be used to lock and unlock the smartphone or gain access to the Secure Folder on the handset.
2. Fast Charging: These super fast charging batteries come in either a 3,000 mAh model or a 3,500 mAh model and charge in no time at all compared to the measly 12W power adapters that iPhone users need to purchase just to charge their device slightly faster.
3. Desktop Experience: Users can connect their Galaxy S8 or S8+ to a monitor, mouse, and keyboard using the DeX Station accessory. Samsung has also kept their apps optimized for the Desktop Experience.
4. Infinity Display: The new Infinity display is something that separates Samsung from Apple even further. While Samsung has designed a new, innovative, sleek design for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+, Apple has stuck with their same, mundane design for the past three years now.
5. Bixby and Google Assistant: With Samsung, not only do you get your very own virtual personal assistant, but you get a choice of them. Both Google Assistant and Samsung’s own personal assistant, Bixby are available to users with the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+. You do also have access to third-party voice assistants via the iPhone, but don’t function as well due to Apple being unwilling to give access to key iOS components.
6. New 10nm Processor: Samsung beat Apple to the punch when it comes to the 10nm processor. Both the Galaxy S8 and S8+ have these chips, whereas you won’t see one present in any iPhone until at least September.
7. Curved Edges: The curved glass found on the Galaxy S8 and S8+ make the phone so much sleeker and more comfortable to hold than the iPhone even though they’re very similar in size.
8. Bixby Vision: Bixby adds more functionality to its personal assistant by using object recognition, text recognition, and location data within it. By simply pointing the phone’s camera at an object, Bixby can tell you information about it. It can also translate text into over 50 languages in real time.
9. Face recognition: It’s still in its early days, so for the moment the facial recognition will only unlock the Galaxy S8 and S8+, but further upgrades in the future are inevitable.
10. Wireless Charging: This is another area that Samsung has beaten Apple to the post and have been offering this feature for years. Both the Galaxy S8 and S8+ support wireless charging.
More News to Read
- Wikileaks; CIA Allegedly Hacked iPhones and Macs Before
- Does Pure Energy Actually Exist?
- Einstein Gets Proved Right Yet Again with Relativity Test
- Extreme Space Weather Affects Us Too, You Know
- Study Reveals Players Don’t Become More Aggressive Playing Violent Video Games